The Chicago Parks Foundation joins the movement of ‘parks as good medicine’.
Walk With A Future Doc (WWAFD) is an organization that aims to bring medical students and community members together for outdoor walks. In 2021, the Chicago Parks Foundation brought the WWAFD program to Chicago parks for the first time!
Local medical students lead 45-min weekly park walks and give short talks on health-related topic.
This is a free, low-pressure way to get moving, connect with your neighbors, and learn more about your own health.
- Well-mannered dogs are welcome
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by parent/guardian
- Walks take place rain or shine unless participants are otherwise notified
- Please BYO water and dress appropriately for outdoors walking (closed-toe shoes, sun protection, etc.)
- At this time face masks are not required outdoors but please BYO mask if desired and practice social distancing
- See registration form for detailed meeting locations and parking instructions
69 People | 70 Impacts | 143 Hours